ORMDroid 0.40 is now available from the releases area on Github. This is the first packaged release since 0.20 almost eleven months ago, and incorporates new features, reworked old features, and bugfixes. There's a full announcement at the link above. As well as packaging this release, we've now also closed the (legacy) Google Code site … Continue reading ORMDroid 0.40 released
Creating a Qemu hard-disk image that boots with Grub2 is, as it turns out, not too difficult. Unfortunately though, the steps you need to get it working are not completely obvious, and documentation is still pretty sparse (probably because Grub2 is still quite new). In this post I'll run through how I got it working, … Continue reading Creating a bootable hard-disk image with Grub2
I currently have quite a lot of work outstanding on various Open Source projects, and I've been really busy lately what with one thing and another, but I've deliberately kept today free so I could catch up with things a bit. There's a lot of (long overdue) work on Deelang (the current milestone is at least … Continue reading Reasons why my code is late #173: The Weather
We've all been there - you're at a bit of a loose end, you want to write some cool software, but try as you might you just can't get inspired. There's that vague idea you've been toying with for months, you know - the one that involves dependency injection, HTML Canvas and/or Haxe - but … Continue reading And for your next project…
Another day, another workaround... This time, it was for this rather annoying issue that's been open for over four years (maybe because it's in as an RFE and not an actual bug, who knows?). It basically describes an unexpected behaviour in the stock Android browser, whereby it cannot handle form POST requests that result in a file … Continue reading Android and the Form Post Download problem…
Wow, looks like I've not blogged since February! Doesn't seem that long, but there you go...I've actually been really busy lately, with work and other things. Mostly I've been spending some time getting our new app into beta (check it out at http://retroify.me). It's been a bit of a learning curve for me (it's the … Continue reading It’s been a while!
For reasons best left unsaid, I've recently had occasion to access BetFair's SOAP-based API from a rails app. Although SOAP is widely touted as yesterday's technology (indeed, BetFair are currently in the process of replacing theirs with a JSON based setup) it's still widely used in the enterprise space and something I've come into contact … Continue reading Savon – SOAP on Ruby
So I spent a bit of time today getting together the overdue release of Deelang ready, and finally pushed the 0.22 binary releases to Google Code, with source releases staying on GitHub. The Google Code project has now been fully migrated over to GitHub, and remains only to host binary downloads for those that want … Continue reading Deelang 0.22 released on GitHub!
After spending all their lives so far on Google Code, I've decided it's time to move both Deelang and ORMDroid over to GitHub. The projects have moved away from the old Subversion VCS and are now using Git, and the actual moving of the wiki pages, issues and everything else is well underway. Why the … Continue reading Deelang & ORMDroid: Moving to GitHub
After what seems like an eternity since the announcement that HTC would be updating the One X to Jelly Bean, and after a couple of months seeing it happen in other parts of the world, HTC finally got around yesterday to releasing the update to UK users, myself included. "Been a long time coming" according … Continue reading Jelly Bean on One X – Finally!