In the meantime, I've also started work on porting (if that's the right word) Curb to FFI, with a view to moving away from the existing C code.
ORMDroid 0.20, the first packaged release of the ORM framework for android, is now available from the project downloads page on Google Code. This first release packages up the Android library ADT project, adds some documentation (which you can view online here), and makes it easy to grab and go if you don't like to/want … Continue reading ORMDroid 0.20 now available
If you're one of the few who've already taken a look at Deelang, you'll know that it's a simple scripting language that compiles to a custom bytecode format, which then runs in a simple virtual machine. It can run anywhere, but is targeted mostly for embedded devices, and especially for Android. All this is fine, … Continue reading DEXing Deelang – First steps in SVN
One of the coolest Android projects I'm involved with at the moment is a new strategy game, and one of the coolest things about it is it's retro-look 8-bit style graphics. Growing up in the 80's I obviously got a lot of exposure to the unique look of games in the 8-bit era, and I … Continue reading Spritesheets with Gimp – An adventure in Scheme
Whew! Just spent an "interesting" hour or two trying to get some native android code working under Eclipse on Windows... Although this isn't the first time I've used the NDK, it's the first time I've tried to get it working with Eclipse on the Windows (+Cygwin) platform. To borrow an unrelated phrase from elsewhere, it's … Continue reading Android NDK + Eclipse + Windows = Headache!
After a few months in Subversion, with a few folks playing with the code and seeing what use they can make of it, the first file release of Deelang is now available from the project's downloads page. This release is still a very early public release (as denoted by the 0.18 version number) but is … Continue reading Deelang – First file release available to download
Further to my previous post, I spent a bit of time today getting the ORMDroid project set up on Google Code (Edit: Moved to Github), including adding a bit of sample code to get you going with the library. I'm also working on extracting a simple sample project that will also go in the repository, which … Continue reading ORMDroid on Google Code
Another year, another blog... Actually, I've been out of the blogging cycle for a year or two now, as I've just been too busy with work to really dedicate any time to open source and my own projects, but a recent (positive!) change in my work schedule means I'm now back and able to invest … Continue reading Introducing ORMDroid